Jefferson County Courthouse
As the winner of the 2010 Initiative Award for Public Stewardship by Preservation Pennsylvania, the Jefferson County Courthouse is located in the Brookville Historic Town Square. Dedicated in 1869 the courthouse was the second courthouse since 1830 and a major renovation in 1926 demolished the county jail and added the west wing. In 2009, Crabtree, Rohrbaugh & Associates worked with county commissioners in an effort to restore the structure and modernize the facility to today’s standards. The renovations to the interior of the courthouse included reconfiguring office space and public space upgrades, including restoring marble-lined corridors and entrances. Exterior renovations included substantial masonry, stone and wood detailing, and extensive bell tower repairs.
2014 AIA Central Pennsylvania Merit Award
2010 Initiative Award for Public Stewardship
Pennsylvania Historic & Museum Commission